Healthy gums are part of a healthy smile, and you can take these steps to keep your gums healthy:
- brush your teeth twice a day;
- clean between your teeth with floss or another interdental cleaner once every day;
- see your dentist for an examination and a professional cleaning regularly;
- show your dentist or dental hygienist how you brush and clean between your teeth and ask if you can make any improvements;
- if you smoke or chew tobacco, stop. Tobacco use increases the risk of gum disease.